Looking for SAG contract

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chad MacKenzie

Chad MacKenzie
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

Looked on SAGs website for contracts for music video, but found none. Anyone know if they have one or if they have it under another contract?

#2 Chad MacKenzie

Chad MacKenzie
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

Never mind, need to be signatory.

Lame

#3 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

I've been on shows that were SAG shows but not union.

#4 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

I've been on shows that were SAG shows but not union.

what do you mean Not Union? By virtue of it being a SAG show, it was union. Do you mean non union in terms of crew? Being a signatory is no big deal. I have made three shorts all with budgets under 20k and all were SAG and I was a and still am a signatory. Lots of up and coming filmmakers get really scared or weirded out by a SAG contract. Talk to your local office, they are willing to work with filmmakers in order to get their members on screen. One caveat I will admit may exist is that in LA, they may not be as flexible as a smaller market town. Perhaps because they have much more work there and simply demand that you play by the book. I am biased in all this being a SAG and AFTRA member, but have also been the producer wanting to hire such people. Give your local a call.

#5 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

what do you mean Not Union? By virtue of it being a SAG show, it was union. Do you mean non union in terms of crew? Being a signatory is no big deal. I have made three shorts all with budgets under 20k and all were SAG and I was a and still am a signatory. Lots of up and coming filmmakers get really scared or weirded out by a SAG contract. Talk to your local office, they are willing to work with filmmakers in order to get their members on screen. One caveat I will admit may exist is that in LA, they may not be as flexible as a smaller market town. Perhaps because they have much more work there and simply demand that you play by the book. I am biased in all this being a SAG and AFTRA member, but have also been the producer wanting to hire such people. Give your local a call.

Hi Chris,

Did you do those under the SAG short film agreement? I've made out okay with that.

Are you going to the Filmmakers Shindig this weekend in Quincy?

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

CineTape

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Technodolly

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks