1 reply to this topic

#1 Keneu Luca

Keneu Luca
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

I bought this B&H 2592 16mm projector off ebay about 5 years ago. It now sounds louder than I remember. I do not know how loud this model runs normally compared to other projectors.

But is there anything I can do? Somewhere to lubricate with any specific lubricant? Sewing machine oil? Or maybe it needs new belts? I don't know, just guessing.

The "loudness" I speak of is the normal intermittent movement "rattling" of any projector. Except that my movement now just seems.....louder.

#2 Fran Kuhn

Fran Kuhn
  • Sustaining Members
  • 352 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

I bought this B&H 2592 16mm projector off ebay about 5 years ago. It now sounds louder than I remember. I do not know how loud this model runs normally compared to other projectors.

But is there anything I can do? Somewhere to lubricate with any specific lubricant? Sewing machine oil? Or maybe it needs new belts? I don't know, just guessing.

The "loudness" I speak of is the normal intermittent movement "rattling" of any projector. Except that my movement now just seems.....louder.

Hi Keneu,

Give these guys a call.

http://www.generalcamera.net/

They are a fantastic repair shop and I seem to recall they told me they could repair/refurbish B&H projectors. They may be able to talk you through a noise level diagnosis.

-Fran

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

Visual Products

Willys Widgets