3 replies to this topic

#1 Jake Ures

Jake Ures
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

This is a little commercial I DPed for a church video. We shot it on a Sony CineAlta F900. We used Final Cut Pro and some cold grading.

http://www.whiteston.../PregameDND.mov

Thanks!

#2 Jake Ures

Jake Ures
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

This is a little commercial I DPed for a church video. We shot it on a Sony CineAlta F900. We used Final Cut Pro and some cold grading.

http://www.whiteston.../PregameDND.mov

Thanks!

I also ask that this video be kept on here. I was given strict instructions to only put this up here to get critiques. We intend to sell this video and do not want any leaks. Thank you, kindly!

#3 Gus Sacks

Gus Sacks
  • Sustaining Members
  • 287 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

Color me stupid and/or ignorant, but since when are church videos shot on F900s? Last I remember it was GL2s and VX1000s...

Anyway, I think if you'd keyed from the top, rather than the bottom, it would have been more effective. Seeing the source of the light on the floor was a little sourcey of course, but the backlight look was nice for the most part.

#4 Jake Ures

Jake Ures
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

Color me stupid and/or ignorant, but since when are church videos shot on F900s? Last I remember it was GL2s and VX1000s...

Anyway, I think if you'd keyed from the top, rather than the bottom, it would have been more effective. Seeing the source of the light on the floor was a little sourcey of course, but the backlight look was nice for the most part.

I set the light up on the ground for a couple shots (for the cleats and tape shots), and the director looked at it through the monitor and loved the look even when it became a bit sourcey on the wider shots. Style over realism, I guess. I really did want to rig the light from above, but we were given limited access to the building, so I rigged a diffused PAR from behind and the rim light from the bottom. Then I used a reflector to fill. Thanks for the input.

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider