Jeo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Other
  • Bay Area

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

Hello,

Does any one have a repair manual in PDF form or know where to get one with out paying a toll for a beaulieu 5008ms.

I need to clean and lubricate and reset the ground glass. I'm getting funny focus and tilted compositions.

Thanks,
Joe

#2 kevin jackman

kevin jackman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Other

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:58 AM

i will see if i have one.

#3 Jeo

Jeo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Other
  • Bay Area

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

i will see if i have one.

oh, cool, thanks!

#4 Bengt Freden

Bengt Freden
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

Hi Joe,

If you need to have an expert´s eye on this, I can recommend sending the camera to Bjorn Andersson, at FILMKONSULT, in Stockholm, Sweden. He could re-collumate the delicate back-focus distance from the focal flange of the lens to the ground glass and the film gate, so they are exactly the same. At a wide angle setting (6mm) and full aperture (f=1.4 or 1.2?) and infinity focus, the correct focus tolerance is perhaps 1/100th of a millimeter.

Furthermore, if you take the gel filters out (one clear and one 85A daylight filter), the C-mount of the camera body will have to be adjusted for the shorter focus, and the focal flange distance re-collumated. So, if you let Bjorn take a look at it, he will see if the filters are fogged or dirty, and you could save yourself doing this all over in the future. Bjorn, who has worked at Beaulieu in France, is regarded as THE most knowledgeable BEAULIEU technician there is anywhere in the world.

Best regards,
Bengt F,
Stockholm ;)

#5 Andries Molenaar

Andries Molenaar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Amsterdam

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

Well, if people want a repairmanual for free (while these are for sale at Euro 15) then it is very unlikely that these same people are going to spend Euro 300-400 on a adjustment job abroad.

#6 Jeo

Jeo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Other
  • Bay Area

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

Well, if people want a repairmanual for free (while these are for sale at Euro 15) then it is very unlikely that these same people are going to spend Euro 300-400 on a adjustment job abroad.

Perhaps but not in this case Andries. I would love to pay Bjourn to work on my camera some day. Right now I'm mostly curious whats inside and what I can do to clean and improve performance.

I have a fundamental moral opposition to paying or charging someone for information generated by someone else. Example: a manual made by Bealieu 30 years ago is obtained (physically or electronically) copied and sold by some guy on eBay. Wouldn't it just be easier to post the file somewhere central with all the other repair manuals. If it's not started already it will be soon.

Please share information freely.
It's good for people and in our nature.

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly