#1 John Lanney

John Lanney

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

Hi guys, I am an international student and I read on the information about the Film course offered at Brooklyn College. However, I have a few doubts and I hope to get clarifications here.

1. I saw that the college charges by credit and the Bachelor of Arts(BA) consists of 39 credits. Does that mean that the total cost of the fee is 39 multiply by the amount per credit for the entire course which I presume is two years?

2. One of the main reason I am interested in Brooklyn College is because of the comparatively lower tuition fees than most schools like Tisch and American Film Institute, so does that mean there is a compromise in areas like the filming equipments?
However, most importantly, is the quality of the course like effectiveness of lessons good?

3. Does anyone know of any other colleges that charges somewhat a similar fee as in Brooklyn College in the area of New York or Los Angeles to be exact?

4. How is the paying of tuition fee done? Like paid over the two years or at the point of entry?

5. I read that no housing is provided, so any advice on this issue? Like rental fee charges around Brooklyn area and how to find a reliable agent?

6. Are there any requirements in the area of Film a student must have to qualify for the undergraduate program or any tests to take first?

Thank you for reading.

Glidecam

CineTape

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

CineLab

Abel Cine

Opal

Technodolly