#1 Nick Centera

Nick Centera
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • San Diego

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

Hey, I have the A1 and have been working with it for a few months now. I am used to working with the pd-170 so my eyes may be biased, but when I look at footage from the A1, it has high contrast and the colors seemed to be have less life. I know that different cameras have different images, but the A1 image just seems like it isn't right. I have messed with the setting but have yet to get it to where I want to. Let me know if you have had problems like this or have any advice. Thank you

#2 Walter Graff

Walter Graff
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1334 posts
  • Other
  • New York City

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

Hey, I have the A1 and have been working with it for a few months now. I am used to working with the pd-170 so my eyes may be biased, but when I look at footage from the A1, it has high contrast and the colors seemed to be have less life. I know that different cameras have different images, but the A1 image just seems like it isn't right. I have messed with the setting but have yet to get it to where I want to. Let me know if you have had problems like this or have any advice. Thank you

Sounds like you just haven't found the right setting for the A1. A number of sites offer detailed adjustments and looks that make the camera really shine. No camera out of the box looks good and always needs a tweak to get it to where you want. And no, no two manufacturers have the same underlying look. It's about the CCD/CMOS and the electroncis behind them that give you what you get. BUt few cameras can't be adjusted to have a look very similar if not exact another manufatuer.

#3 Kyle Bourgoin

Kyle Bourgoin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

Having flatter colors isn't always a bad thing if you plan on doing color correcting in post. It gives you more room to play around and adjust them to your liking.

-kyle

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Opal

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc