#1 Rob White

Rob White
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Electrician
  • London

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:34 AM

This is a short extract from an imaginary episode of the X Files I made for uni; shot on DVX100 with a small lighting kit (A Redhead and a Mizar). There are some issues with the focus/camera movement that come from having a first time operator and the last scene in the corridor was done in 5 minutes due to a mix up with permissions. But how close did i get to 'the look'?

The X Files on Vimeo

Cheers

#2 Mark Williams

Mark Williams
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Director
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:43 AM

This is a short extract from an imaginary episode of the X Files I made for uni; shot on DVX100 with a small lighting kit (A Redhead and a Mizar). There are some issues with the focus/camera movement that come from having a first time operator and the last scene in the corridor was done in 5 minutes due to a mix up with permissions. But how close did i get to 'the look'?

The X Files on Vimeo

Cheers

Rob

Not bad at all. The acting was quite good in fact it showed a lot of promise. The problem with it was the X files take as it could stand on its own much better. I'd keep working on this and think about making an hour long episode in the style of X files but your own creation. Maybe after you have a decent script and more testing you may have something that could be shown at festivals and go further. I think you have to think about characters and their ages and look. I think overall there is potential here.

The look of the X Files was created using 35mm film I like the torches but you would need much stronger beams and maybe a fog machine..

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Glidecam

Technodolly

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera