Jerome White
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Producer
  • VA/NYC/PHL/LA

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently just purchased the Zylight Z50. I used it on a few sets, using Anton-Bauer power via the D-Tap battery cable. However, being that I own an EX-1, I was curious and wanted to know what power source is more convenient for my in studio sessions and touring/onstage usage.

And I am somewhat confused. Am I able to just purchase the Worldwide AC Adapter, charge it for a few hours, take out the adapter and it will be fully charged and able to be used without having to keep the adapter plugged in the whole time filming? If not, I am guessing it will be charged only for a few hours of course.

Not quite sure being that the instructions on powering the Z50 was somewhat confusing for myself. I will mainly be using this for a top light for my Ex-1.

Thank you in advance.

#2 Jerome White

Jerome White
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Producer
  • VA/NYC/PHL/LA

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

I didn't have to buy the AC adapter, I realized that I already had one and plugged it in. The light works, and I answered my own question on does it hold a charge after you unplug it, in which it does not. You have to keep it plugged in in order for it to work.

My next question is, what do you think will be the most convenient way for me to use it as a top light by using the on camera lithium battery pack? I've been researching just about everywhere for a solution. I stumbled across this Smith Victor fanny battery pack. Is this my best bet? Link is below.

http://tinyurl.com/cwab65

I am really trying to figure this out by next week because I have a video shoot and will be mainly using this as my only source of light. I am not really trying to run the AC adapter into the Z50, and having the ac adapter plugged into an extension cord and being basically attached to a long cord the whole night.

#3 Jerome White

Jerome White
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Producer
  • VA/NYC/PHL/LA

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

I didn't have to buy the AC adapter, I realized that I already had one and plugged it in. The light works, and I answered my own question on does it hold a charge after you unplug it, in which it does not. You have to keep it plugged in in order for it to work.

My next question is, what do you think will be the most convenient way for me to use it as a top light by using the on camera lithium battery pack? I've been researching just about everywhere for a solution. I stumbled across this Smith Victor fanny battery pack. Is this my best bet? Link is below.

http://tinyurl.com/cwab65

I am really trying to figure this out by next week because I have a video shoot and will be mainly using this as my only source of light. I am not really trying to run the AC adapter into the Z50, and having the ac adapter plugged into an extension cord and being basically attached to a long cord the whole night.

Anyone know if they having an adapter like this specifically for the Sony EX-1? Something like this will be a great solution for myself.

http://tinyurl.com/c9am5z

Edited by Jerry White, 17 February 2009 - 03:09 PM.

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider