Kyle Massey

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

Hello All!

I am shooting a non-moving car interior in which my main character hops into a taxi cab and interacts with the cab driver before heading to his destination.

I was hoping for some suggestions on how to help bring the light level up. I am shooting on 5201 Vision 2 50D film stock and the scene takes place about 9:00am (in the script). However, we will be shooting in the afternoon (between 1pm and 4pm). Since the car is not moving I can definitely set up some HMI's outside, but I was wondering if anybody has any good suggestions or experience lighting this tyoe of scene? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Salil Sundresh

Salil Sundresh
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:18 AM

Hello All!

I am shooting a non-moving car interior in which my main character hops into a taxi cab and interacts with the cab driver before heading to his destination.

I was hoping for some suggestions on how to help bring the light level up. I am shooting on 5201 Vision 2 50D film stock and the scene takes place about 9:00am (in the script). However, we will be shooting in the afternoon (between 1pm and 4pm). Since the car is not moving I can definitely set up some HMI's outside, but I was wondering if anybody has any good suggestions or experience lighting this tyoe of scene? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What is the emotional tone of this scene?
Is the light coming in from outside direct sunlight or skylight?
If it's skylight and you need some fill on the actor's face, try taping some of the mini kino flo tubes to the back of the seat. It could act as a nice frontal fill.

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

CineTape

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC