Alexander Brandon

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Greetings all,

I am a new to video editing but have been interested in it since the Video Toaster emerged.

I now supposedly have even more powerful editing tools with Premiere Pro and a fast quad core 4gb RAM PC (not Mac sadly).

I am trying to edit an mp4 file that is h.264 compressed. It doesn't load into CS4, just the audio loads. Then I used QTPro to convert it to a raw AVI (10gb). That wouldn't load either. Then I converted it to DV with QTPro. Still won't load.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Chris Bowman

Chris Bowman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Greetings all,

I am a new to video editing but have been interested in it since the Video Toaster emerged.

I now supposedly have even more powerful editing tools with Premiere Pro and a fast quad core 4gb RAM PC (not Mac sadly).

I am trying to edit an mp4 file that is h.264 compressed. It doesn't load into CS4, just the audio loads. Then I used QTPro to convert it to a raw AVI (10gb). That wouldn't load either. Then I converted it to DV with QTPro. Still won't load.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

As I recall, Adobe released several post-release patches for both CS3 and CS4 to improve compatibility with AVCHD/H.264. Go to the Adobe site and make sure you install all of the patches. I have also heard that installing the CoreAVC decoder helps greatly in improving h.264 compatibility for both Premiere and Windows Media Player. I believe it costs ~$15 USD

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Glidecam

Visual Products