stock and lens combo
Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:14 AM
i'm curently preparing a short film
I have the choice between S16 and 35 to achieve the look and i 'll go thrue testing thanks to Panasion Paris, Kodak, Fuji and my friends techniciens.
i'm trying to find out what whas used as a comno lens stock for the following films, so maybe you have a good memory, or the proper AC mag issue or you where the opérator yourself.
anyway thx in advance for your imputs
the films are :
- Enfant, L' (2005).. aka The Child from the dardennes brothers
- Rosetta (1999) from the dardennes brothers
- Sur mes lèvres (2001) (writer).. aka Read My Lips from jacques audiar shot in Cook S3 but what stock?
- Scaphandre et le papillon, Le (2007)
aka "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" from julian schabell
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) from michel gondry
- Loin (2001) ... aka Far from andre téchiné
- Exils (2004) . aka Exiles from tony Gatlif
i think all those film goes in the same direction with the "look"
thanks for the imputs
Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:52 AM
"wonderland" from michael winterbottom
Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:33 AM
Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:56 AM
yes thanks i didn't knew this imdb "trick"
I searched a couple of these on IMDB really quickly and saw that one or two have lenses listed. Didn't see any stocks, but I didn't check them all.
i also posted the same question on cinematographie.info wich is the brand new brother of cinematography.com in french language with more Europeen cinematographers members. and more connections with Europeen culture .
i'm not saying that cinematography.com is U.S centered, to me it proved it's open minded to the worldwide comunity of cinematographers and cinema lovers in general.