HDcam capture to FCP via Blackmagic HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:10 AM

Im trying to capture a HDcam tape to FCP 6 using a Blackmagic HD extreme card and a HDW -M2000P deck and im having a problem.

The deck is fine, FCP is fine and Ive used the Blackmagic card to capture plenty of PAL 8 and 10 bit tapes but this is my first time trying to capture any HD footage.

No matter what HD setup i use in FCP i cannot see any HD footage in the log and capture screen.
If i use an SD setup like PAL - 10 bit uncompressed, i can see and capture the footage that way but then im not taking full advantage of the HDcam resolution.
Ideally id like to be able to capture at ProRes HQ quality.
It sounds to me like a setup/settings issue but ive been through all the FCP setups and still have had no luck, so it might be a blackmagic settings issue? - I've only got the HDcam deck for the day so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

#2 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

Im trying to capture a HDcam tape to FCP 6 using a Blackmagic HD extreme card and a HDW -M2000P deck and im having a problem.

The deck is fine, FCP is fine and Ive used the Blackmagic card to capture plenty of PAL 8 and 10 bit tapes but this is my first time trying to capture any HD footage.

No matter what HD setup i use in FCP i cannot see any HD footage in the log and capture screen.
If i use an SD setup like PAL - 10 bit uncompressed, i can see and capture the footage that way but then im not taking full advantage of the HDcam resolution.
It sounds to me like a setup/settings issue but ive been through all the FCP setups and still have had no luck, so it might be a blackmagic settings issue? - I've only got the HDcam deck for the day so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Solved Thank you!

#3 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

been a long time since i used a BM card (had too many problems with them in the past), but I would check your BM control panel which is either in system preferences or in the aplication folder i think. hope this helps.

--------------

after i posted this your reply popped up. for future reference what was it stephen?

#4 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

been a long time since i used a BM card (had too many problems with them in the past), but I would check your BM control panel which is either in system preferences or in the aplication folder i think. hope this helps.

--------------

after i posted this your reply popped up. for future reference what was it stephen?

For future reference never let a DP near a computer unless its an xbox.
I had the bnc cable plugged into SDI instead of HD-SDI. Hence why FCP was seeing a downconverted SD image and not a HD image. Page 1:-)

#5 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11944 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

never let a DP near a computer unless its an xbox.

Noted for future use.

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS