2 replies to this topic

#1 Wilkin Chau

Wilkin Chau
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Grip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:03 AM

I noticed another manufacturer of grip gear, Kupo. They seem to be cheaper than the usual suspects like Avenger and Matthews. Is the quality any good? I've read here some people like their grip heads and c-stands, how about their overhead roller stands (ie. skyhighs)?

Thanks.

#2 Rob van Gelder

Rob van Gelder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Steadicam Operator
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

We have a lot of the Kupo grip and lighting equipment in our rental house and the quality is good, similar to the other, more well known brands.
Kupo is based in Taiwan, and has access to better quality material than the companies on mainland China, in my opinion.
Service has been good, direct with the factory sales manager and prompt delivery of spare-parts, when needed.

#3 Mike Peters

Mike Peters
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Producer
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:58 AM

I noticed another manufacturer of grip gear, Kupo. They seem to be cheaper than the usual suspects like Avenger and Matthews. Is the quality any good? I've read here some people like their grip heads and c-stands, how about their overhead roller stands (ie. skyhighs)?

Thanks.

Bush Telly has been using Kupo gear for some years without any problems. I checked orginally with a local hire company in Christchurch "Hang up" who have Kupo and Manfrotto/Avenger gear. They said Kupo gear lasted about 5 years in a hire environment, while Manfroto lasted forever.

So we bought Kupo because we have a careful crew and the price is much lower. I think its very well made.

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

The Slider

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC