#1 David Sokal

David Sokal

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:46 AM

I have an Elmo GS-1200 that was never heavily used. However, about 5 years ago it stopped running. It powers up but the transport motor doesn't activate when the forward button is pressed. I changed the fuse, but it didn't help. I don't think the motor is burned out because it wasn't that heavily used. I suspect something is awry in the circuitry.

I have contacted Elmo, but I doubt they are interested in fixing this old equipment (at a reasonable price anyway). I am looking for a true Super-8 gadget geek that has done this type of repair in the past. Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

#2 Gerald Moore

Gerald Moore
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Student

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

I have an Elmo GS-1200 that was never heavily used. However, about 5 years ago it stopped running. It powers up but the transport motor doesn't activate when the forward button is pressed. I changed the fuse, but it didn't help. I don't think the motor is burned out because it wasn't that heavily used. I suspect something is awry in the circuitry.

I have contacted Elmo, but I doubt they are interested in fixing this old equipment (at a reasonable price anyway). I am looking for a true Super-8 gadget geek that has done this type of repair in the past. Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Hi David,

the forum you want to visit is: 8mm Forum.
The person you want to direct this question to is Kevin Faulkner. In my opinion there's no one better.

Cheers.

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

The Slider

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

CineLab

Abel Cine