thanks.

#2 Gus Sacks

Gus Sacks
  • Sustaining Members
  • 287 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

I dig the low-con color stuff up until that guy at the restaurant table. Thanks for sharing.

#3 Rob Vogt

Rob Vogt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

I really liked the snowboarding shots but there were two that flickered. Also i agree that shot with the guy at the table should be taken out. All in all really nice.

#4 Jon Rosenbloom

Jon Rosenbloom
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

Really good. Lose the guy at the table.

#5 Kyle Shapiro

Kyle Shapiro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

This is great! I really like your black and white work as well as the sports. what camera did you shoot the blading on? This is a wonderfully edited reel too, what was the song you used?

#6 Tom Banks

Tom Banks
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

Thats great, i really dug it. I loved the music mixed and matched with the different styles of material you've got. it comes off very tasteful if that is the correct word

#7 Jonny Brady

Jonny Brady
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

I was quite proud of my showreel until I saw that. I am so jealous. You're my age and you've completely thwarted me...

What did you shoot on through that?? The bits with the rappers, like in the laundrette - what camera was that? Was it a 35mm HDV setup? If so how did you do it handheld? Did you use a shoulder-mount? If so what did you use for a viewfinder?

(Handheld is an issue for me with my 35mm rig and to see someone else use it effortlessly intrigues me)

#8 Phil Eisenberg

Phil Eisenberg
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

Wow, that looked great. Especially the snowboarding and skating footage. I think the snowboarding was from Runway Films, correct? How did you get in with them? Snowboard videography is what I want to do, and I'd appreciate any advice you have on chasing that dream.

Edited by Phil Eisenberg, 23 March 2009 - 04:38 PM.

#9 Albert Smith

Albert Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

Wow, that looked great. Especially the snowboarding and skating footage. I think the snowboarding was from Runway Films, correct? How did you get in with them? Snowboard videography is what I want to do, and I'd appreciate any advice you have on chasing that dream.

living in a place where people snowboard and there is an industry is probably the best thing to do. filming snowboarding isn't that hard of a thing to do, A good deal of guys out there don't know much, so if you do know what your doing your honestly ahead of alot of kids.
Go buy an HVX or whatever camera everyone is using, will see what happens with all this new stuff...Go film whoever you can meet kids who are sponsored, meet their tms, meet marketing people at resorts, meet the park crew kinda anyone you can, and put together a reel and send it to people you would wanna work for as well. years ago I sent emails to all the production companies when I was alot younger pretty much everyone responded with something I remember.

their are really alot of ins. if you are decent and around the right people there is no way you won't be able to get something going, but it wont pay much...

start posting your stuff here too (www.snowfilmer.com) , there are actually some important people and connections to be made through there.

I was quite proud of my showreel until I saw that. I am so jealous. You're my age and you've completely thwarted me...

What did you shoot on through that?? The bits with the rappers, like in the laundrette - what camera was that? Was it a 35mm HDV setup? If so how did you do it handheld? Did you use a shoulder-mount? If so what did you use for a viewfinder?

(Handheld is an issue for me with my 35mm rig and to see someone else use it effortlessly intrigues me)

alot of the work is hvx with a 35mm adapter, both music videos where shot that way and we used a shoulder mount rig with a monitor

Edited by Jake Zalutsky, 03 April 2009 - 10:11 PM.

#10 Nicholas A Micros

Nicholas A Micros
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Philadelphia

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

Amazing.

This should be on Be-mag

#11 Drew Valenti

Drew Valenti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Student

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

I really liked the snowboarding shots but there were two that flickered.

I really dig the flickering snowboard shots. The reel looks killer, though my least favorite shot is the restaurant guy.

#12 Nathan Pocus

Nathan Pocus

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Birmingham, Al

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

all the guy wants at the table is a small piece of cheese cake...

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Glidecam