Photo

Where can I find native highspeed test footage?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 David Ghast

David Ghast
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Director

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

I need to test my pipeline in advance to know what my camera specs need to be, but to do that i need to get a hold of some native highspeed (120p) footage, meaning it has not been exported into a playback format of 24 or 30fps. Anyone know of of a site that offers highspeed test footage?

#2 David Ghast

David Ghast
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Director

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

Just to clairfy, im looking for highspeed footage that has not been slowed down, and is still in its original captured framerate.

#3 Scott Fritzshall

Scott Fritzshall
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

I can't answer your question of where to find it, but just so you know, footage doesn't really have an inherent playback speed. If you shot something at 120fps, it's just a collection of frames. If you're talking about not wanting a video file that plays at 24fps, the speed is just a piece of metadata attached to the file; all of the frames are still there and you can always alter the playback speed either in the video player or in editing software or whatever. Also, since it seems that you want to view 120fps footage at 120fps playback, your computer monitor generally isn't going to show you every frame because it doesn't refresh that fast.

#4 Cesar Rubio

Cesar Rubio
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Digital Image Technician
  • Mexico/Wisconsin

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

I can't answer your question of where to find it, but just so you know, footage doesn't really have an inherent playback speed. If you shot something at 120fps, it's just a collection of frames. If you're talking about not wanting a video file that plays at 24fps, the speed is just a piece of metadata attached to the file; all of the frames are still there and you can always alter the playback speed either in the video player or in editing software or whatever. Also, since it seems that you want to view 120fps footage at 120fps playback, your computer monitor generally isn't going to show you every frame because it doesn't refresh that fast.

.....Unless is a 120Hz LCD monitor. ;)

Soon I will post a 120 fps 720p video here and on our forum David.

Thanks,

Cesar Rubio.
Cambridge Wisconsin, USA.
http://www.davidrubio3d.com/

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies