Chris Raleigh

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Director

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:39 AM

Hey all,

Not sure if this is available elsewhere - found nothing in search.

Do we need to get E&O insurance (or just waivers) from location owners to shoot and take the film to festivals/distribution?

Example: we are shooting in a loft in Manhattan. It is a co-op ownership (meaning one family and another family OWN the actual loft). Can I get a waiver from just the owner whose loft we are shooting in? The other co-op half is in another loft completely, and not connected aside from a hallway.

To elaborate further on this example, if the loft was NOT owned and was a rental, do we need an E&O insurance waiver from the actual building owner? Does this hold true for a lobby or hallways?

Of course, all of this assumes any legal issues that would crop up, should someone want to sue a distributed material for showcasing their property (albeit this would be super duper rare in my situation). Does showcasing mean distributed material (through DVD for example) or does it refer to both DVD AND festival?

Finally, do some festivals REQUIRE E&O waivers from any location showcased in the final cut?

Would like to avoid any of the constraints of hunting down owners in most/all of these situations as we are going for some guerrilla style shooting in friend's and family's apartments.

Thanks all! :lol:

#2 Chris Raleigh

Chris Raleigh

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Director

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hey all,

Not sure if this is available elsewhere - found nothing in search.

Do we need to get E&O insurance (or just waivers) from location owners to shoot and take the film to festivals/distribution?

Example: we are shooting in a loft in Manhattan. It is a co-op ownership (meaning one family and another family OWN the actual loft). Can I get a waiver from just the owner whose loft we are shooting in? The other co-op half is in another loft completely, and not connected aside from a hallway.

To elaborate further on this example, if the loft was NOT owned and was a rental, do we need an E&O insurance waiver from the actual building owner? Does this hold true for a lobby or hallways?

Of course, all of this assumes any legal issues that would crop up, should someone want to sue a distributed material for showcasing their property (albeit this would be super duper rare in my situation). Does showcasing mean distributed material (through DVD for example) or does it refer to both DVD AND festival?

Finally, do some festivals REQUIRE E&O waivers from any location showcased in the final cut?

Would like to avoid any of the constraints of hunting down owners in most/all of these situations as we are going for some guerrilla style shooting in friend's and family's apartments.

Thanks all! :lol:

Forgive me if bumps are not allowed. :P

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

CineTape