Edward Goldner
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone could help me with a query regarding the Arri 435ES. I was under the impression that the 435ES has an existing integrated video system, which only requires an on-board monitor to be plugged in. Upon further reading, I've come across the Arri IVS II and other video assists, which are hired out as accessories and are mostly priced at around $600 (AUD) for rental. Just wondering whether these are actually required to plug a monitor into the camera or if not, why they're necessary.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Edward Goldner

#2 Annie Wengenroth

Annie Wengenroth
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Sound Department
  • Brooklyn, NY

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

Do you have a link to the rental catalog you were looking at? It seems like the rental house you're talking about, is offering the IVS II as an upgrade for an additional $600. So you would still GET an IVS on your camera body, it would just be the older one. It's as if the rental house is counting the IVS II as a separate rental from the camera body, like pricing it out separately for the rental contract, but only because it's an upgrade. The price is listed separately in the paperwork simply because it's a separate piece on the camera. When I worked at CSC, I remember noticing that about some of the camera accessories and things like that...something that was generally rented as one solid piece, would be comprised of a few items on the rental contract. So it was also more for the sake of their inventory. Does that make sense?

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

CineTape

Technodolly

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS