- how many car batteries would it take to power 6 13 watt CFLs & how long would it last?
- Could I get away with just using 1 battery, or would I need to wire 10 together since they're 12 volt to make it a 120 volt circuit?
- As far as wiring it goes, I've never done this. Is it just a matter of stripping some zip cord of the insulation and wrapping the wire around the terminals? Do any other steps need to be taken to get power flowing?
- since the battery is DC and the bulbs are AC I imagine I would need to use an inverter of some sort, correct?
- finally, how much of a pain in the ass is this? Is it worth my time to seriously just try my best to convince production to suck it up and get a generator?
Thanks for reading
Edited by John Crow, 09 March 2009 - 11:54 AM.