3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Maier

Michael Maier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:07 PM

I just read the March issue of American Cinematographer where Dexter's DP Romeo Tirone said they shot the last season on the Sony F23 (and first 2 seasons were all F900) and also extensively used the Sony EX1 along the F23 and they cut great. As an EX1 owner it would be great to know the settings they used and specially what cine gammas etc. I thought maybe somebody here works in the show or would have access to this info or know Romeo Tirone and could get some info on that. Anything you could get would be greatly appreciated. I love the look of the show and although it has very little to do with the camera used it would still be great to get some info on how they were getting the best out of the little EX1. Thanks in advance for any insights.

#2 Michael B McGee

Michael B McGee
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Santa Monica, CA

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

I just read the March issue of American Cinematographer where Dexter's DP Romeo Tirone said they shot the last season on the Sony F23 (and first 2 seasons were all F900) and also extensively used the Sony EX1 along the F23 and they cut great. As an EX1 owner it would be great to know the settings they used and specially what cine gammas etc. I thought maybe somebody here works in the show or would have access to this info or know Romeo Tirone and could get some info on that. Anything you could get would be greatly appreciated. I love the look of the show and although it has very little to do with the camera used it would still be great to get some info on how they were getting the best out of the little EX1. Thanks in advance for any insights.

i would like to know as well.

#3 Petr Berger

Petr Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Student

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

Me too. What scenes or shots were shot with Sony EX1? I'm thinking about buying this camera.

#4 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

Me too. What scenes or shots were shot with Sony EX1? I'm thinking about buying this camera.

if i remember the article correctly they were used on car mounts/ awkward places rather than for specific scenes/.

Opal

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

CineLab