#1 Lauren Slattery

Lauren Slattery

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

I am trying to come up with a list of lights that i will need for my next shoot, only i am have reached a few stumbling blocks... i guess the most puzzling being how to light 3 characters in a street, at night, who are standing on side walk watching a street lighting. Now I have spent some time out on the street watching the way the light of street lights falls against buildings, but i guess i could just use some suggestions on how to simulate this as cheaply as possible. I should also add that we will probably need to power this via a generator or battery powered lights as we will not have access to any other form of power.

thanks in advance for any input ;)

#2 Ross Neugeboren

Ross Neugeboren
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Electrician
  • Greater NYC

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

I am trying to come up with a list of lights that i will need for my next shoot, only i am have reached a few stumbling blocks... i guess the most puzzling being how to light 3 characters in a street, at night, who are standing on side walk watching a street lighting. Now I have spent some time out on the street watching the way the light of street lights falls against buildings, but i guess i could just use some suggestions on how to simulate this as cheaply as possible. I should also add that we will probably need to power this via a generator or battery powered lights as we will not have access to any other form of power.

thanks in advance for any input ;)

If you are looking at a low cost solution, gelled PAR cans should work fine. The traditional incandescent traffic lights contain anywhere from 50-150w bulbs. A PAR 46 = 200w, a PAR 56= 300w, and a PAR 64 = 500w. You can gel each can with Lee 139 (Primary Green), Lee 101 (Yellow), Lee 106 (Primary Red). I don't have the Rosco swatchbook in front of me.

In terms of power, the max you'll need for one "Traffic Light" given you're using the Par 64s or lower, will be 1500w.

CineLab

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

The Slider