need an advice from from everybody from u guys

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 montaser abou saada

montaser abou saada
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

hi , my name in montaser and am a cinematography student in Egypt, am studying for the BFA and this is my graduation year ( senior ) .
i work as film loader and a 1st AC as second unit sometimes , but recently i have no job so am working as cameraman in video production , i want to to study for the MFA in the US , and to be honest i want to stay there , i have dreams that so hard to come true but i should do my best at least .
i can pay 14 000$ a year for my education ( am going to sell my house ) , but to study in a place like UCLA , USC , AFI etc .. u should pay alot more , i know there is good filmschools
in Europe and its cheaper , but i want to study in a place where i can make connections where i can establish a career in film .
u will think now that the BFA is good but here its not , we have good tools like ARRI 535 , 435 , BL4 , and big studio with everything u can Imagen from light kits , but there is no education , student don't know anything about labs or shooting green screen and such a stuff .
i want to pick a place where i can learn the are of lighting and the new technology , i really need an advice if u were me what would u do ?
we don't have cinema in Syria and life in Egypt you should work as an AC for a years to be a cameraman and after it u can be a DP .
am paying my fees by myself we dont have student loans we don't have schooler ships
i wish i can study somewhere like UCLA or AFTRS , or work with a good DP , but our career is heartless loool .
i was thinking of study for another BA in cinematography in USA or UK , but its a failure to study over again , i paid a lot and my recent graduation film cost me around 10 000$ !!
and they gave me outdated film stock !!! the color of the negative after developing was magenta !!!
they dont pay attention for students , i was just wasting my money and my time .
am just saying this coz i don't know what to do , and am really upset .
what should i do guys ?
thanks for reading
wish u all the best
montaser

Opal

CineLab

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Wooden Camera