J Costantini
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Rio de Janeiro

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hi.
I´ve read the messages here on the website about working with and emulating sodium vapor lamps.
I´m waiting for rushes of some tests I´ve shot under these lights, but I would like to ask you: if I shoot at a 60hz country at 24fps and 144 degree shutter, I should be safe in terms of flickering, right?

Also, I would like to shoot under normal sodium lamps on 35mm with an eterna 500 exposed as 500 and push the development 1 stop. Have you ever worked like this? I expect to see a lot of yellow, a bit of green, maybe some magenta. And I want to expose it as 500 so that I can crush the blacks later and kill the grain on shadows a little bit (we´re finishing photochemically...)

What could be an interesting choice in terms of costume for a character (woman) that needs to hang around under this color temperature to make her pop up a little bit from the background, walls, etc? And what could be an interesting option in terms of color temperature to create some harmony and let the eyes rest a little bit... maybe add some blue lights at background or coming out from a house in the street? from a corner,etc? maybe cyan?

Thanks,
Julio

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam