#1 Jonathan Burton

Jonathan Burton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Student
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

Bellow is a link to my myspace, where i have an excerpt from my second year film. Would love to hear some comments!

Excerpt from "My Musical Friend"

#2 Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

There were some interesting shots in your exteriors but you have to watch your headroom when framing especially on the wider shots. Also the staging. You can place actors anywhere you want so take advantage of that. When framing a shot I ask myself should I go up, down, left, right, in or out. Then I ask should I move the actors closer, further, up, down or should I turn the on axis. That's just a quick check list but they are good things to think about. The lighting on the interiors was very flat. Add some backlight, a practical, a rim light, a sidelight, a highlight or something to break up the even exposure. Bob Richardson is great at it. He always has something in the frame that is overexposed. Visually there was some interesting composition. Also the dream girl looked just like everybody else. She needed to have a dreamlike quality that was missing. A fan on her, a highlight, some filtration or something. I liked the special effects with the falling white leaves. That added visual impact and I really liked the shot through the harp strings.

While I am hypercritical, the average viewer is going to be watching the story. As much as I criticized it, it's better than I make it sound.

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

The Slider

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport