Photo

lighting advice needed for interior home shoot (student)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Clay Hammons

Clay Hammons
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Student

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

I am doing a shoot in a couple of weeks and wanted to get some input. I will be shooting with an HVX200. Everything takes place in a house that has lots of windows. In the script it takes place from 10:00am until around 5:00pm. For our shoot we are trying to shoot from about 8am to 6pm. Its a drama and i wanted very soft lighting augmented by the lights coming through the windows. here are the questions I have

1) Should I cover the windows with an ND gel, if so how many stops should I decrease by?

2) Should i use orange gels on the windows to match the color of the tungsten lighting we will be using or should I change all the interior lights to blue or keep both temperatures?

3) What kind of lights would you recommend using? I have a couple of 500 watt soft boxes but didnt know where to go from there. I will also have some silks, flags, and 4 500 watt lights.

4) If I should gel the windows, what is the best kind of tape to use to put the gels up? We are shooting at someones home so I dont want to leave any residue on anything. Also, does the color of the tape matter much? If someone could provide a link to some products that would be really awesome.

Thanks in advance for any help, any other advice, tips or suggestions would be most welcome!

-Clay

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine