Andrew Rodger

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

Hi folks,

Should you have a mo, would apprecitate any thoughts/constructive critisism on this.

Cheers,

Andy

#2 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

Well, I have some new Sennheiser headphones which conveyed every aspect the music perfectly. Perhaps a little too perfectly. They're still ringing ten miutes later. That gutteral style of music isn't really to my tastes anyway, but there's nothing wrong with it.

What really stood out for me was the photography, I don't think there was one bad shot in that whole video, I particularly liked the DoF on the man lying in the street. I almost wish I'd bought the EOS 1000D instead of the A200 so I'd be looking at this camera as an upgrade prospect when times are better, it really did blow me away in terms of what an enthusiast DSLR is capable of. I'm almost jealous of Canophiles. Here's to hoping with the A800.

#3 Andrew Rodger

Andrew Rodger

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

Well, I have some new Sennheiser headphones which conveyed every aspect the music perfectly. Perhaps a little too perfectly. They're still ringing ten miutes later. That gutteral style of music isn't really to my tastes anyway, but there's nothing wrong with it.

What really stood out for me was the photography, I don't think there was one bad shot in that whole video, I particularly liked the DoF on the man lying in the street. I almost wish I'd bought the EOS 1000D instead of the A200 so I'd be looking at this camera as an upgrade prospect when times are better, it really did blow me away in terms of what an enthusiast DSLR is capable of. I'm almost jealous of Canophiles. Here's to hoping with the A800.

LoL,

Yeah EFK aren't to everone's taste. Glad you liked the photography though and thanks for your kind comments. I'll pass them onto the rest of the crew.

If you can stretch to it I'd recommend the 5DmkII. It's a stunning stills camera to start with but the main thing that sets it apart from the rest is the fact that it is a full frame 35mm sensor rather than a 1.6 crop.

That shallow a depth of field is only achievable at those lens angles with a large gate. The 5D has an image sensor bigger than a 35mm Motion Picture camera so you can achieve hyper shallow DoF as you can see in the shot you mentioned in the video's opening.

That said the MkII is still a bit buggy in certain areas, making it a pig to shoot with, but it sounds like Canon are on the case to sort most of these issues out.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to watch and to comment. Best of luck; I look forward to checking out one of your videos in the future.

Cheers,

Andy

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine