Rob Taylor

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Digital Image Technician

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hi,

I have recently acquired some sealed, Eastman 5222 35mm 'Panchromatic safety film' (i believe it's for motion picture) 400feet rolls of film.

I wondered if they would be of any interest to anyone. If so, i would be prepared to list it on ebay and post them. If anyone has any questions about it, i will gladly answer as much as possible.

I'm into still photography, but do not have any equipment to take advantage of this film type.

Any feedback would be well-received.

Regards,

Rob.

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

I have recently acquired some sealed, Eastman 5222 35mm 'Panchromatic safety film' (i believe it's for motion picture) 400feet rolls of film.
Any feedback would be well-received.

5222 is "double X nagative" which is a ISO 250 B&W film. Great for still cameras! it can be re-spooled in the dark into resusable cassettes and developed in many standrd developers, check out the list at digital truth.

For movie use, most folks whould like an idea of how old and how it has been stored. that product has been made for decades and so it is posible that what you have is YEARS out of date. decades as almost all b&W film has been pancromatic since about the 1950's and so that term is not normaly used as part of the title these days.

#3 Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

How many rolls do you have. I would say this would be good for someone who has access to a camera and they want to do a little experimenting. Particularly with filters.

#4 Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:19 AM

5222 is "double X nagative" which is a ISO 250 B&W film. Great for still cameras! it can be re-spooled in the dark into resusable cassettes and developed in many standrd developers, check out the list at digital truth.

For movie use, most folks whould like an idea of how old and how it has been stored. that product has been made for decades and so it is posible that what you have is YEARS out of date. decades as almost all b&W film has been pancromatic since about the 1950's and so that term is not normaly used as part of the title these days.

Hi Charles, thanks for the reply.

I thought it might be possible to use this in place of standard B+W 35mm film, but i don't have any reloadable cassettes etc., so though someone might be able to put it to better use.

In honesty, i don't know how old this film is, although i do know that most 35mm film (HP5 etc.) keeps for ages. As i said, i've only recently got it - it came with some cameras that i bought at a garage sale. Consequently, i don't know how its been stored either, but the reels are in a fairly good condition - they haven't been battered too much. It's good to see that there are still people interested in it though.

If you would be interested or you know anyone who might be, let me know and i'll list them on ebay or something.

Regards

Rob

#5 Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

How many rolls do you have. I would say this would be good for someone who has access to a camera and they want to do a little experimenting. Particularly with filters.

Hi Tom,

I have 5 rolls of this film. If you were interested, i will list them on ebay with as much of a description as i can give and photos.

Do you do much work with motion picture film? I've never really heard much about it.

Thanks for your reply

Regards,

Rob.

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Visual Products