#1 Art Leal

Art Leal
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Other
  • New York City

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:49 AM

Has anyone experienced this problem? The image I have here is what the first few seconds appears on rolls of developed Kodak 200T and 500T. It has happened with every camera I have used but not on every roll I have shot, but most. The image is inverted, so its really a blue stripe on a white background. All the processing has been done through Spectra. I haven't sent it to a different lab so I can't really blame Spectra.

I do know that I have not always labeled my packages "do not X-ray", so am wondering if this is the cause, since I've never seen a film with X-ray damage. The stripe is carried through the entire roll and when telecined the right side of the image appears lighter than the rest and discolored.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.co...N08/3462053672/

#2 David Auner aac

David Auner aac
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:58 AM

Has anyone experienced this problem? The image I have here is what the first few seconds appears on rolls of developed Kodak 200T and 500T. It has happened with every camera I have used but not on every roll I have shot, but most. The image is inverted, so its really a blue stripe on a white background.

That looks like a light leak to me. What kind of camera are you using? S8?

Cheers, Dave

#3 Art Leal

Art Leal
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Other
  • New York City

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

That looks like a light leak to me. What kind of camera are you using? S8?

Cheers, Dave

Hello Dave:

Yes, the cameras are Super 8 models. Thanks

Art

#4 alexandros petin

alexandros petin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Athens Greece

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

Hello Dave:

Yes, the cameras are Super 8 models. Thanks

Art

Hello!
I had the same problem with b/w films shot in various cameras but mainly eumig nautica. I started a thread about that problem and most people suggested it is a light leak or a chemistry issue. Light leak throughout almost a whole roll seemed to me not so likely to have happened so i figured i did something wrong when i home processed the films. The effect looks exactly the same a stripe in perfs and also this stripe is a bit green comparing to the rest of the film area.

alexandros

#5 Art Leal

Art Leal
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Other
  • New York City

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

Hello!
I had the same problem with b/w films shot in various cameras but mainly eumig nautica. I started a thread about that problem and most people suggested it is a light leak or a chemistry issue. Light leak throughout almost a whole roll seemed to me not so likely to have happened so i figured i did something wrong when i home processed the films. The effect looks exactly the same a stripe in perfs and also this stripe is a bit green comparing to the rest of the film area.

alexandros

Thanks A;exandros. I've wondered about the processing as well, but I haven't sent them to any other place other than Spectra. I'll need to look into that in order to confirm. Any recommendations for a US-based lab that handles S8 negative stocks?

#6 Marc Laurier

Marc Laurier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Student
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

It's in Canada, but Niagara Custom Lab in Toronto processes Super 8 negative.

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab