#1 Salil Sundresh

Salil Sundresh
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

So I'm looking to upgrade from my home depot tool pouch, mainly because it doesn't close and I've gotten caught on things a few times because of tools sticking out. I do more of grip/electric & gaffing work but also AC sometimes. I've had my eye on the Set wear Tool Pouch or the Set Wear Small AC Pouch. Also considering the Cinebags CB-03.

What do you use?

Edited by Salil Sundresh, 01 May 2009 - 07:33 PM.

#2 Chris Pritzlaff

Chris Pritzlaff
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

So I'm looking to upgrade from my home depot tool pouch, mainly because it doesn't close and I've gotten caught on things a few times because of tools sticking out. I do more of grip/electric & gaffing work but also AC sometimes. I've had my eye on the Set wear Tool Pouch or the Set Wear Small AC Pouch. Also considering the Cinebags CB-03.

What do you use?

Setwear Combo Tool pouch is the one ive used for 2 years now and it holds just about everything needed to do the job

#3 Ryan Thomas

Ryan Thomas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Grip
  • San Francisco

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:01 AM

I have the setwear mini tool pouch. I did myself a little favor though and took off the setwear logo. Now I grip in style B)

It wouldn't be too good for AC'ing though. I like having two different pouches though, one for AC'ing, the other for gripping. That way if I ever get an AC job, I just have to switch them out on my belt and I'm good to go.

Edited by Ryan Thomas, 02 May 2009 - 01:02 AM.

#4 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:19 AM

I use a collection of Ripoff pouches that varies given the job. They have an endless array of pouches, some as specialized as for specific combinations of make and model of multitools and flashlights. Their belt clips are unique, they will not come off a belt by accident.

http://www.ripoffs.com/index.html

They also will make a custom for customers, I hate to think what it would cost but it would be a killer to have one with exactly what YOU wanted to carry.

#5 Salil Sundresh

Salil Sundresh
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

I have the setwear mini tool pouch. I did myself a little favor though and took off the setwear logo. Now I grip in style B)

It wouldn't be too good for AC'ing though. I like having two different pouches though, one for AC'ing, the other for gripping. That way if I ever get an AC job, I just have to switch them out on my belt and I'm good to go.

Why do you find it not so good for ACing?

If anyone has any pics of the interior of any of the following pouches it'd be great to see!
Setwear Mini AC Pouch
Setwear Jumbo AC Pouch
Setwear tool pouch
Cinebag CB-03 AC pouch
Any of the filmtools/Lindcraft tool pouches

Edited by Salil Sundresh, 02 May 2009 - 12:25 PM.

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

CineLab