#1 Brian Rose

Brian Rose
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Student
  • Kansas City area

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:08 AM

What an evening I had! I went to a local theater to see a silent film double feature. They're trying to restore the place, so right now they can only show digital. But the entry fee was to help fund the restoration, so I was glad to help. Boy oh boy was I in for a ride! The digital projector was set for 16 x 9 so poor Buster Keaton looked like a little person! To make it worse, the projector wasn't aligned properly with the screen, so a significant portion of the top of the picture ran off the top of the screen!

I tried to explain the problem to those in charge (one of whom was an older gent), and they wouldn't let me do anything because they said if I changed the settings, they'd have to pay to have someone come in to reset them. Um...okay? I pressed further, to which they replied they had to keep on schedule, and the picture looked alright.

On top of all this, they showed a newsreel and a cartoon which were obviously public domain copies and were completely unwatchable! I was so frustrated that I walked out before the second film started, and was mightily tempted to ask for my money back. I don't care how low budget they are, the quality of that presentation was inexcusable. Those old classics deserved better!

BR

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

CineLab