1 reply to this topic

#1 Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

This is kind of an odd balance of needs. The crew is very small, and what we would need is a smooth operator/wheeler and dealer. I don't care too much about budgeting. If you can find good deals, then great. We don't need a whole crew to be assembled, I just have a few unique dilemmas that I think only a smart producer would know how to solve.

Pretty much, what I need is to shoot on a street(found the location already), and I'm shooting a scene with a tow truck. For this, it's complicated because the driver would probably have to be a stunt driver, or perhaps the fact that I wouldn't know how to get a tow truck in the first place, and if I could then the driver would have to act......its complicated eh?. So that's pretty much the only reason I would need a producer.

This production is probono unless we get a bigger budget soon, and hopefully if the collaboration is good we cna work together more in the future.

Its tough though because so many people want money. I could buy people meals.

Suggestions, opinions, applicants?

#2 Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

This is kind of an odd balance of needs. The crew is very small, and what we would need is a smooth operator/wheeler and dealer. I don't care too much about budgeting. If you can find good deals, then great. We don't need a whole crew to be assembled, I just have a few unique dilemmas that I think only a smart producer would know how to solve.

Pretty much, what I need is to shoot on a street(found the location already), and I'm shooting a scene with a tow truck. For this, it's complicated because the driver would probably have to be a stunt driver, or perhaps the fact that I wouldn't know how to get a tow truck in the first place, and if I could then the driver would have to act......its complicated eh?. So that's pretty much the only reason I would need a producer.

This production is probono unless we get a bigger budget soon, and hopefully if the collaboration is good we cna work together more in the future.

Its tough though because so many people want money. I could buy people meals.

Suggestions, opinions, applicants?

When you mention streets, stunts, driver and actor in the same paragraph, the first thing that comes to mind is insurance and permits. When it comes to certain jobs, people will work for free to get the experience but when it comes to jobs where people don't care, you have to pay money. Have you ever heard the saying, "If you give a dance, you have to pay the band?"

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Abel Cine

CineLab

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera