Naim Sutherland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Vancouver

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Hey everyone,

I hope I am posting this in the right sub forum!

I have a shoot coming up on Tuesday on the Canon 5D MKII. It'll be my third gig on it - I think I'll buy one actually, I seem to be shooting lots on it.

I am aware of all the drawbacks on the camera, so we don't need to discuss that. One of the things that I want to take care of this time out is finding a nice, hot shoe mountable, battery operated monitor which can provide me with (ideally) waveform, or some other metering via HDMI.

I would consider myself a bit of a gear head, but monitors are outside my normal range of knowing what's out there.

Can anyone suggest something that matches that description that won't break the bank?

Thanks!

#2 Matti Poutanen

Matti Poutanen
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:52 AM

Hey everyone,

I hope I am posting this in the right sub forum!

I have a shoot coming up on Tuesday on the Canon 5D MKII. It'll be my third gig on it - I think I'll buy one actually, I seem to be shooting lots on it.

I am aware of all the drawbacks on the camera, so we don't need to discuss that. One of the things that I want to take care of this time out is finding a nice, hot shoe mountable, battery operated monitor which can provide me with (ideally) waveform, or some other metering via HDMI.

I would consider myself a bit of a gear head, but monitors are outside my normal range of knowing what's out there.

Can anyone suggest something that matches that description that won't break the bank?

Thanks!

Marshall V-LCD70P-HDA sports a quite reasonable price. I´m waiting for the HD-SDI model to come out so I can´t give any real insight on the quality and ergonomics, but the component/HDMI models is currently available. I´ve heard good things about the monitor on forums, for here example http://www.dvinfo.ne...s-marshall.html.

It´s not a 1080 or 720 monitor, the resolution is 800 x 480.

Here´s a site with some prices http://www.dvcreator...-7-lcd-monitor/.

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

Opal

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Glidecam