Murtaza Niaz

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

HI,

I have heard alot about Letus35 and quite interested in getting one for my Canon XH A1. However, I am a little confused and looking for little guidance.

http://www.letus35.com/cart/home.php

From above mentioned link I am interested in getting Letus35 Elite. Now the confusion is that this Adapter is enough or are there any other lens or accessories I need to get to complete the sent in order to get Letus35 working with my Camera.

I hope I am making some sense here...

Please Help

Regards,
Murtaza Niaz

#2 Hercules Fu

Hercules Fu
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

HI,

I have heard alot about Letus35 and quite interested in getting one for my Canon XH A1. However, I am a little confused and looking for little guidance.

http://www.letus35.com/cart/home.php

From above mentioned link I am interested in getting Letus35 Elite. Now the confusion is that this Adapter is enough or are there any other lens or accessories I need to get to complete the sent in order to get Letus35 working with my Camera.

I hope I am making some sense here...

Please Help

Regards,
Murtaza Niaz

I think that you should get a rod support system if u don't have one.The mount of the Letus35 is just a simple screwing-in design,i did try to use it without a rod support with a 135mm f/2.8 , then the adapter fall from the screwing-in mount... :(

#3 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7116 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

You'll need the adapter, rods, and of course the lens mount you want, as well as, well, lenses.
When I bought my letus, I got it for the EX1 with both a PL mount and a Nikon Mount, and the rods. Later i also added an adapter for an HVX, as I rent out my letus a lot more than using it (and will probably get rid of her sometime in the future.)
I would also recommend a follow focus and some lens gears. Red Rock makes a nice set of lens gears which'll fit most stills lenses, as for follow focuses, well I have a Chorzeil which came with my SR3 package that I really enjoy, and I know Arri just put out a new follow focus system.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC