1 reply to this topic

#1 Mathew Rudenberg

Mathew Rudenberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

So, in the April issue of American cinematographer they mention a type of light they used on 'knowing' they call a tetris light, which is described as a very cheap and lightweight, 4' x 4' x 1', 1400w tungsten soft box.

Sounds great to me! Kind of sounds like something the gaffer or best boy had made for the show, but does anyone have any details on their construction or what they look like?

Also 1400w is kind of an odd number of watts, what combination of globes do you think they were using?

Could be 14 x 100w globes although the color temp would be off and they would take ages to put together, 4-6 globes makes more sense but I like to stay away from photofloods in my little constructions as they get unpleasantly hot.

#2 Thomasid Rolls

Thomasid Rolls

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

So, in the April issue of American cinematographer they mention a type of light they used on 'knowing' they call a tetris light, which is described as a very cheap and lightweight, 4' x 4' x 1', 1400w tungsten soft box.

Sounds great to me! Kind of sounds like something the gaffer or best boy had made for the show, but does anyone have any details on their construction or what they look like?

Also 1400w is kind of an odd number of watts, what combination of globes do you think they were using?

Could be 14 x 100w globes although the color temp would be off and they would take ages to put together, 4-6 globes makes more sense but I like to stay away from photofloods in my little constructions as they get unpleasantly hot.

I'm not sure of the exact model you are speaking of, but check out the Eliminator Lighting E-138 Tetris System. It's club/rave lighting. It takes 4 300W lamps. Hope this helps.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

CineTape

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks