Photo

Recommend me a projector capable of 24fps??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 James Millward

James Millward
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Student

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

I have a Eumig Mark 610D which was my fathers from new. Its working well, but can only run upto 18fps.

I want to shoot some 24fps stuff, and am wondering if you guys can reccomend solid projectors to look for (capable of 24fps)??

From what I understand, my 610D is a well respected projector. So should I get another Eumig? If so, what make to look for??

Thanks guys
James

#2 Steven Boldt

Steven Boldt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Student
  • Milwaukee

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

I have a Sankyo Dualux 2000H I use for DIY telecine. It's variable speed between 16-22 FPS. If you just want a projector that has 24 FPS there are a number of brands to look at. Eumig, Elmo, Chinon, Sankyo. If you want to stick with Eumig I believe you want a later model(not sure). The advantage of the Elmo's is that they can probably be worked on if need be and parts might be available. Lots of choices at 24 FPS.

#3 Bengt Freden

Bengt Freden
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:54 AM

I have two projectors that work at either 18 fps or 24 fps.

One is the ELMO ST 1200 (the older model with one mono sound track and both magnetic and optical sound) and the other is the BEAULIEU 708 EL Stereo. The ELMO takes 360 meter reels and the BEAULIEU takes large 700 meter reels. The latter has magnetic stereo sound (two tracks) and on top of the two speeds also has a variable speed adjustment. The Beaulieu also has a variable shutter - three or two blades - the two blade shutter option gives you a bit more light, but it is only usable at 24-25 fps, because at 18 fps you will get too much of a flicker.
It´s a really great projector (professional grade) with an incredibly sharp Schneider projection lens. I have put a small aperture, made out of black card in front of both lenses, to further improve on the edge sharpness.
Both projectors have holders for anamorphic widescreen lenses, such as the Kowa Prominar 8-Z or Bell & Howell/Kowa.
I am projecting my films at 25 fps, as my Beaulieu Super 8 cameras are all converted to this European sync sound standard speed (25 fps/ 50 Hz).

Best,
Bengt in Stockholm ;)

Edited by Bengt Freden, 20 June 2009 - 05:57 AM.

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks