Gary Robinson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Producer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:04 AM

Hi Guys,
I finally got my lemon Arri BL 2 fixed to the point it's useable. The motor is working, but when I load some mags, and start to run the camera, the buckletip switch is switched almost immediately, turning the motor off. Normally this switch is tripped at the end of a roll. Is this switch tripped by improper film loading? Can the switch be removed? What problems can lead to this switch being activated?

#2 Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:15 AM

Hi Guys,
I finally got my lemon Arri BL 2 fixed to the point it's useable. The motor is working, but when I load some mags, and start to run the camera, the buckletip switch is switched almost immediately, turning the motor off. Normally this switch is tripped at the end of a roll. Is this switch tripped by improper film loading? Can the switch be removed? What problems can lead to this switch being activated?

Try adding another perf or two to the loop. You can take it a little past the notch. If it's too long it will hit the top and bottom of the inside of the camera. Just test it for scratches after you try a longer loop length. DO NOT REMOVE THE SWITCH. You want to avoid camera jams. You can ruin your movement. The trip is there for a reason.

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Glidecam