Will Faulkner

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Hi all,

I work at a production company in Australia and need to get lens caps for all their dodgy lenses which seemed to have gone missing and are now covered up by odd-fitting caps and gaffer tape. All are zoom lenses for Sony broadcast cameras (particularly they use HDCAM camera model HDW-F900).

So they have: a J9x5.2 (wide), J15x9.5 (standard) and HJ-16 (HD lens). Can anyone tell me where to find the thread sizes of these lenses so I can buy the appropriate lens cap from B&H Photo Video?

Cheers.
Will

#2 David Auner aac

David Auner aac
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:00 AM

Canon or Fuji? Look up the lenses on the respective manufacturer's website or call their sales rep.

Cheers, Dave

#3 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

Hi all,

I work at a production company in Australia and need to get lens caps for all their dodgy lenses which seemed to have gone missing and are now covered up by odd-fitting caps and gaffer tape. All are zoom lenses for Sony broadcast cameras (particularly they use HDCAM camera model HDW-F900).

So they have: a J9x5.2 (wide), J15x9.5 (standard) and HJ-16 (HD lens). Can anyone tell me where to find the thread sizes of these lenses so I can buy the appropriate lens cap from B&H Photo Video?

Cheers.
Will

Hi,

The lens caps just push on, measuring the diameter of the lens will tell you what you need to know.
Do you use the plastic lens shades or a matte box?

Stephen

#4 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hi all,

Cheers.
Will

Hi,

The lens caps just push on, measuring the diameter of the lens will tell you what you need to know.
Do you use the plastic lens shades or a matte box?

Stephen

#5 Ollie Bartlett

Ollie Bartlett
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Other
  • Bristol, UK

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Front diameter of the J9 is 86mm, J15 is 85mm... and HJ16... havnt heard of to be honest. HJ17 though is still an 85mm.

Hope this helps,

Ollie

Opal

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Visual Products