#1 jason sloan

jason sloan

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

i recently inherited a GAF Anscomatic ST/99 Super 8 camera. it's in amazing condition but i have question concerning its operation. does the camera need to have all the batteries [4AA for the motor & 2.7 volt mercury battery for the electric eye] and film cartridge in place to operate?

i've replaced the 4AA motor batteries [not the electric eye battery] and depressed the battery test button on the back of the camera but the needle just stays in the red and did not move. i'm just wondering if there might be an internal issue with the camera & if it's worth paying to have it fixed.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 Jimmy Jay

Jimmy Jay

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

i recently inherited a GAF Anscomatic ST/99 Super 8 camera. it's in amazing condition but i have question concerning its operation. does the camera need to have all the batteries [4AA for the motor & 2.7 volt mercury battery for the electric eye] and film cartridge in place to operate?

i've replaced the 4AA motor batteries [not the electric eye battery] and depressed the battery test button on the back of the camera but the needle just stays in the red and did not move. i'm just wondering if there might be an internal issue with the camera & if it's worth paying to have it fixed.

The mercury battery powers the exposure meter. Although you won't be able to find a mercury battery anymore you can find an equivalent that will work. Go to your local camera store or search online.

#3 Rick Palidwor

Rick Palidwor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Director

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

The motor should run with the AA batteries in. Check battery compartment for signs of corrosion and if so, clean. If battery compartment is clean then it is probably an internal problem. I don't want to 'dis' that camera but it is probably not worth repairing as that could cost more than it is worth.

Rick

Opal

CineLab

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider