Photo

Need LA Sound Stage: What exactly do I need???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Glynn Albert

Glynn Albert
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hi,

Posted Image

I have a client asking me duplicate a look he say in a music video, I see 2 9lite Fays as back light and strong soft key. Thats alot of watts and amps. about 16,000. Of course they want to do it on the cheep in LA. They want the walls to fall off to black so we need at least a 40 x 40 space and all that power. Anyone know of a place that has good rates with all this stuff included?

Email me
Glynn

#2 Freya Black

Freya Black
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4161 posts
  • Other
  • Went over the edge... Central Europe

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

Hi,

Posted Image

I have a client asking me duplicate a look he say in a music video, I see 2 9lite Fays as back light and strong soft key. Thats alot of watts and amps. about 16,000. Of course they want to do it on the cheep in LA. They want the walls to fall off to black so we need at least a 40 x 40 space and all that power. Anyone know of a place that has good rates with all this stuff included?

Email me
Glynn

I assume if it's a music video, you will be shooting to playback, in which case, do you really need a sound stage or just a black cove type area? I guess finding the power outside of a sound stage might be difficult?

love

Freya

#3 Glynn Albert

Glynn Albert
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

I assume if it's a music video, you will be shooting to playback, in which case, do you really need a sound stage or just a black cove type area? I guess finding the power outside of a sound stage might be difficult?

love

Freya

These lights are 9,000 watts each we need 2, I thought it would be most efficient to rent them, the distro and a stage complete

#4 timHealy

timHealy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1252 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

These lights are 9,000 watts each we need 2, I thought it would be most efficient to rent them, the distro and a stage complete

For what is is worth, 9 light FAY lights are less than 6000 watts. Maxi brutes which are their bigger cousin are 9000 watts with 1k par 64 globes.

best

Tim

Visual Products

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider