I am purchasing my first Professional Camcorder. Without any additional accessories such as lighting, etc. I am trying to achieve the film look in HD.
I am not too sure as what I really need. Perhaps if you asked me some general questions as to what would be needed and so forth, I would say if I would need it or not. But, I do know some things that I do require;
- HD; 1080p or 720p minimum.
- 1.78:1 (16:9) & 1.85:1 & 2.35:1 If its programmed that's great. If not, lens purchase will be required.
- Shoulder mount Preferred* If It does not have a shoulder mount, I will need to purchase one.
- Record on a format that will not require additional expensive accessories to transfer onto computer (XP). Preferred.
- Good night recording
*Selected few movies that are good, will be made on 35mm Film.*
Shooting all types of movies;
- Action (Fast passed)
- Horror (Able to change colour for mood)
None. I will have shoulder support.
I am not too sure as what else I would require. But, I would be better off having additional things on a camcorder then fewer as upgrades in the future might be possible. And having everything plus more would not require upgrades, or as much.
Edited by Michael Frymus, 14 July 2009 - 06:18 PM.