#1 Sean Elder

Sean Elder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Houston, Texas

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

I'm taking a Digital Cinematography class this qtr and our first assignment is to have a talking head with 3pt lighting. We are to acquire 5 shots: 10 Sec. KEY only, 10 Sec. FILL only, 10 Sec. Separation only, 10 Sec. of KEY and FILL together, and finally a regular 3pt set up. There is a particular film where I wanted to draw the motivation for my lighting set up from, but for the life of me I can't figure it out :blink: :blink: :blink:. It was used as an example in the film Cinematographer's Style. Here is the best description that I have of the scene: There is a HUGE light being used as a practical that's it! It's coming through a window and serves as KEY, FILL, AND BACK(SEPARATION) light for the scene where the two characters are talking. :unsure: I think that is what's going on in that scene, but then again watching a film of that nature in a classroom demo setting is WAAAAAAY different than watching it at home <_< . If I could get some help with the title of this movie, it would be great! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc