#1 Mike Thorn

Mike Thorn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Grip
  • Cleveland, OH

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

I was showing off the assembly shop at ComTime today to a friend when I noticed that one of the engineers had left his toolkit on the workbench. He had a Chicago Case Co unit, well-filled and well-abused. It looked like a sturdy construction and a clever deign; plenty of pockets for those pesky pencils, markers, screw and bolt drivers, maintenance tools and flashlights, but also room for a slate, camera reports, follow focus, and eyebrows or filters not being used. Quite a handy deal for a 1st, perhaps.

Has anyone ever used one of these? Any anecdotes or reccommendations? They're not cheap.

http://www.chicagocase.com

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

I was showing off the assembly shop at ComTime today to a friend when I noticed that one of the engineers had left his toolkit on the workbench. He had a Chicago Case Co unit, well-filled and well-abused. It looked like a sturdy construction and a clever deign; plenty of pockets for those pesky pencils, markers, screw and bolt drivers, maintenance tools and flashlights, but also room for a slate, camera reports, follow focus, and eyebrows or filters not being used. Quite a handy deal for a 1st, perhaps.

Has anyone ever used one of these? Any anecdotes or reccommendations? They're not cheap.

http://www.chicagocase.com

Which one of those did he have? I looked through a few but saw nothing that sounds like what you're talking about and I'm too sleepy to keep looking. ;)

#3 Mike Thorn

Mike Thorn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Grip
  • Cleveland, OH

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

Which one of those did he have? I looked through a few but saw nothing that sounds like what you're talking about and I'm too sleepy to keep looking. ;)

I think it was the Magnum, with the add-on Wing Pallet.

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Ritter Battery