#1 Malik Sajid

Malik Sajid
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Student
  • Lahore, Pakistan

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:38 AM

Has anyone heard about Film Academy Vienna? They offer masters degrees in multiple areas including Camera and Imaging Technology.

The 2 yeras course is quite affordable aswell. But i dont know about the credibility of academy. Has anyone heard about that?

Is it worth studying?

#2 Ale Reynoso

Ale Reynoso
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

I shot a Super 16mm short film as gaffer with "Filmakademie Wien" students in Buenos Aires.
should I rate the school only referring to the students craft I should say it´s excellent.
The work of Catalina Molina (director), Klemens Hufnagl (DoP) and David Bohum (producer) was way too good...
I enjoyed so much working with them and the result was very, very good (I couldn´t see the transfer from film because it was back in Austria, but Klemens was very, very happy). I really liked Klemen´s working style and the mood he was able to get...
I upoladed some photos here:
http://picasaweb.goo...TalleresCamara#
and here
http://picasaweb.goo...resIluminacion#

Best regards
Alejandro

#3 David Auner aac

David Auner aac
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:43 AM

I shot a Super 16mm short film as gaffer with "Filmakademie Wien" students in Buenos Aires.
should I rate the school only referring to the students craft I should say it´s excellent.
The work of Catalina Molina (director), Klemens Hufnagl (DoP) and David Bohum (producer) was way too good...

I think it's very dangerous to judge a school that way.

Cheers, Dave

#4 Ale Reynoso

Ale Reynoso
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

I think it's very dangerous to judge a school that way.

Cheers, Dave

¿?...Hello!
I started my post saying..."shoul I rate the scool only referring to the students work..."
I can easilly assume that if someone as student is way too good, the school should have some credit (but anyway I could be wrong).
As I told, Cata, David and Klemens work was outstanding...
But you should know the school better than me being from Austria. And that was the question from Malik...so, isn´t the school that good?
Best regards
Alejandro

#5 David Auner aac

David Auner aac
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:15 AM

I started my post saying..."shoul I rate the scool only referring to the students work..."
I can easilly assume that if someone as student is way too good, the school should have some credit (but anyway I could be wrong).

I was just reinforcing what you said. I have no first hand experience with the school either. There's some great people who came out of their programme and there's lots of no-so-good ones. Same as everywhere. All the other stuff I could say is based on what I have been told by students. Sadly, there is a general problem with that kind of education here in Austria whereas the colleges and universities are really good in other fields.

Cheers, Dave

#6 Malik Sajid

Malik Sajid
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Student
  • Lahore, Pakistan

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

Well, i couldnt find the details of the course or anything about the program on the website. I just wanted to know about the program? Is it good, worth studying.

I think its up to the student, how seriously one takes the studies, how passionate studnet is. Yes there are brilliant and not-so-good students everywhere.

I am planning about the Film Academy.What you guyz suggest?

#7 Ale Reynoso

Ale Reynoso
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

Well, i couldnt find the details of the course or anything about the program on the website. I just wanted to know about the program? Is it good, worth studying.

I think its up to the student, how seriously one takes the studies, how passionate studnet is. Yes there are brilliant and not-so-good students everywhere.

I am planning about the Film Academy.What you guyz suggest?

Ask Klemens. Mention my name and this post. He is a very kind person.
Klemens Hufnagl<klemens.hufnagl@gmx.at>,
Best regards from Buenos Aires
Alejandro

#8 Bright Osafanmwen

Bright Osafanmwen

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Can you please send me the address or website of the Film Academy Vienna? I will really appreciate it. I have been looking for a film school in Vienna for long. Thanks.

Glidecam

Technodolly

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Willys Widgets

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

FJS International, LLC