3 replies to this topic

#1 Bucky OConnell

Bucky OConnell
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of Monitor would be good for video editing, I looked at the apple cinema display but it is too expensive, does anyone out there know if there are any other good and reliable monitors with good quality for a decent price? let me know, thanks!

#2 Andrew Koch

Andrew Koch
  • Sustaining Members
  • 243 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Burbank, California

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

I have the NEC AccuSync LCD24WMCX. It's a 24 inch 16x10 Aspect Ratio. It's very bright and crisp. It's pretty good, but not even close to the quality of a cinema display, but it is cheaper (about 350-400 bucks). It is an LCD, so the viewing angles are limited, you really need to be looking at it straight on. I don't work for NEC. A monitor at this level is fine for editing, but if you want to do any color correction or anything else that requires accurate display of colors, contrast, brightness, etc... a computer monitor wont cut it. You will need a professional video monitor that you can calibrate. Samsung also makes a computer monitor with similar specs and price

#3 Andronico Gonzalez

Andronico Gonzalez
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Mexico

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of Monitor would be good for video editing, I looked at the apple cinema display but it is too expensive, does anyone out there know if there are any other good and reliable monitors with good quality for a decent price? let me know, thanks!

If you want only to edit any 24" to 30" LCD Monitor is a good investment, For a decent price look for HP or Dell.
But if what you want is accurate color representation for a decent price Eizo are the best LCD Monitors, they have some 10 bits models:
http://www.eizo.com/index.asp
Another option is the awards winner HP Dream Color:
http://h10010.www1.h...71-3648397.html

Good Luck

#4 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11939 posts
  • Other

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

I'll second the HP or Dell recommendation. Apple displays are just overpriced versions of the same thing.

P

CineLab

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc