1 reply to this topic

#1 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

This is very much an experimental short. There is no theme or plot or logic. It's basically a collection of random subjects assembled together for a one minute duration. All footage was shot with a Canon 1014E. The transfer was done a few years ago by a facility in South Australia on VHS tape (it was the only editable video format that I had at the time!)

View on Vimeo

#2 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:12 AM

I should have mentioned....something unusual occurred at the transfer house when my film was sent there. When the guy returned my film, it actually turned out later that it was not my film at all. He mistakenly gave me a similar length film of a wedding shot in the 1970s. I had no idea at the time and didn't view the film for quite a while. I only found out when I was browsing the classifieds of a local paper and came across the details of a couple whose wedding film had gotten mixed up with someone else's film. The business stated in the classified was the same place that transferred my film. After reading that, I checked what i thought previously was my film and it was certainly not film at all.

I contacted the couple who owned the wedding film and they were very grateful. The husband said that the owner of the business was not honest with them at first...telling them the film had been sent out for cleaning. Then finally, he told them the truth. I arranged to meet the husband and gave him the film. I also contacted the business about the mix up and the guy wanted me to return the wedding film to him...he was not happy about me returning it to it's owners. Eventually, I got my film back too.

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC