#1 arun cg

arun cg

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:20 AM

i own leicina super rt1 . but it has fungus inside the lens. is it possible to clean inner elements of the lens by a technician?waiting for reply.

#2 andy oliver

andy oliver
  • Sustaining Members
  • 258 posts
  • Other
  • uk

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

Hi, i would of thought the cost of having the cleaning work carried out will out weigh the cost of another camera. Also you'll need to locate a technician familiar with the 8-64 lens fitted to the camera, and once the cleaning work has been carried out, will all the elements be in correct alignment?. I've never seen an 8-64 suffer from fungus before, i wonder what state the wratten filter is in to.

#3 arun cg

arun cg

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Hi, i would of thought the cost of having the cleaning work carried out will out weigh the cost of another camera. Also you'll need to locate a technician familiar with the 8-64 lens fitted to the camera, and once the cleaning work has been carried out, will all the elements be in correct alignment?. I've never seen an 8-64 suffer from fungus before, i wonder what state the wratten filter is in to.

hi ,
thanks for reply.filter not engaged. i turned the time exp dial ,depressed release and viewed the lens thru the gate.it was not foggy than it seem thru view finder but some fibres (fungus) visible. hope it will not affct picture much.keeping in this position i am planning to insert a cotton bud dipped in lens cleaning liquid thru the gate, without scratching and depositing bud inside!

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc