Neil Gahan

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:46 AM

Hi,

I have a reel of film ( photos attached) that I have been trying to get analyses for some time now, but several people who I have asked to look at it don’t want to deal with it due to the films coating, i cant see the words Safety film on it and so im assuming its nitrous ?? ??

Can you help me im desperate to try and get this transferred to DVD and see what’s on it, it looks like a very old film of a large chicken with wheels! (Like the troy horse with a lot of people in Safari suits and pith helmets possibly from the 1930’s / 40’s?)

It was found in a car in 1975 and belongs to a friend of mine who found it in a vehicle and we don’t know who the owner is?

It’s the sort of film that would be good shown on South Today to ask anyone to come forward who knows anything about it?

Can you help me please!!!

Regards,

Neil GahanFilm

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

Hi,

I have a reel of film ( photos attached) that I have been trying to get analyses for some time now,

HI neil, your photo did not come through, is it perhaps on a web site that you could provide a link to?

Without knowing the size or anything it is hard to make a guess as to the film base. Nitrate film is generally found as 35mm film from before about 1950, and is dangerous to store or handle as if it starts burning it will keep burning even under water!

don’t want to deal with it due to the films coating

IS there something on the edge of the roll? or something on the surface of the film?

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Tai Audio

Opal

CineLab

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets