Burak Oguz Saguner
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne AUSTRALIA, Istanbul TURKEY

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hey all,

I have just uploaded my website & resume and looking forward to hear your feed back.

web
www.burakoguzsaguner.com
resume
www.burakoguzsaguner.com/BurakOguzSagunerCV2009.pdf

All your advice and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards

B

#2 Brian Dzyak

Brian Dzyak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1517 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Encino, California USA

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

Hey all,

I have just uploaded my website & resume and looking forward to hear your feed back.

web
www.burakoguzsaguner.com
resume
www.burakoguzsaguner.com/BurakOguzSagunerCV2009.pdf

All your advice and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards

B

Well, personally, I'd lose the part about the equipment you own. The only reason to advertise that is if you plan on renting it out to others. Otherwise, the point of your resume should be to sell yourself for any projects no matter the medium necessary. By showing prospective Producers that you own such a small prosumer camera, you may inadvertently be lowering their expectations of what you're capable of. Look at it this way, what would you think of a DP who owns an ARRI 535 and it's accessories compared with a DP who owns a Sony HDV? Which one would you hire for a big feature?

Just tell everyone how skilled, creative, and personable YOU are and sell your talent as a DP who is willing and able to use any and all types of tools necessary to make movies. Don't put yourself in a low-budget box if you don't have to.

But that's just my .02 cents. :)

#3 Burak Oguz Saguner

Burak Oguz Saguner
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne AUSTRALIA, Istanbul TURKEY

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:27 AM

Well, personally, I'd lose the part about the equipment you own. The only reason to advertise that is if you plan on renting it out to others. Otherwise, the point of your resume should be to sell yourself for any projects no matter the medium necessary. By showing prospective Producers that you own such a small prosumer camera, you may inadvertently be lowering their expectations of what you're capable of. Look at it this way, what would you think of a DP who owns an ARRI 535 and it's accessories compared with a DP who owns a Sony HDV? Which one would you hire for a big feature?

Just tell everyone how skilled, creative, and personable YOU are and sell your talent as a DP who is willing and able to use any and all types of tools necessary to make movies. Don't put yourself in a low-budget box if you don't have to.

But that's just my .02 cents. :)

Thanks a lot Brian, I think this is a valid point.
I have updated my CV and also changed the layout. Have a look at it if you like.

Cheers

Edited by Burak Oguz Saguner, 16 August 2009 - 07:32 AM.

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies