#1 Joel Corkin

Joel Corkin

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

I just saw a clip on TV featuring an interview with a photographer (Nigel Barker) in his studio. In the background behind him were a number of butterfly frames (probably 8x8', standing upright). The frames seemed to have wheeled supports attached to the bottom of the frame itself (not separate wheeled stands), which seemed sufficient for holding a frame upright.

I've never seen a large frame like that with it's own wheels, (have always just seen the frame mounted to wheeled stands with risers) and was trying to find out who manufactures this and where it is available?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks,
Joel

Edited by Joel Corkin, 24 August 2009 - 12:42 PM.

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

I just saw a clip on TV featuring an interview with a photographer (Nigel Barker) in his studio. In the background behind him were a number of butterfly frames (probably 8x8', standing upright). The frames seemed to have wheeled supports attached to the bottom of the frame itself (not separate wheeled stands), which seemed sufficient for holding a frame upright.

I've never seen a large frame like that with it's own wheels, (have always just seen the frame mounted to wheeled stands with risers) and was trying to find out who manufactures this and where it is available?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks,
Joel

Very likely to be photo studio gear by profoto, westcott, etc. In general, I think that gear made for photo work is flimsy and shoddy compared to gear made for film work. I don't know why, since it is usually doing the same jobs.

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

CineTape