villevalo

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:36 PM

Hi all,
I'm Vietnamese, Im going to study Film in Singapore ( http://www.saesingapore.com/ ) but to be honestly i get nothing to experience and I need helps.
my hobbies are to be the camera man, film editing, sound making and film scripting that all that i want to be, i don't want to be anything else ( maybe i don't know exactly what is film right now ) can you tell me what exactly i want to be
Can you tell me which software, general knowledge and any baggage for my study at the 1st time ( please help me because i know nobody in this course )
would you give me some advise to buy something ( cheap cheap :P ) for my home making .
Thank all and sorry about my English T_T
hope u reply me soon because i'm crazy to be studied FILM Maker

#2 Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

Your English is fine. There is one thing universal in all film making worldwide. You have to have a story. Find something in Vietnam that is interesting and film it. There must be film production companies in Vietnam where you can work. Maybe Vietnamese television. Don't try to be everything and learn everything all at once. First learn how to use a camera, then learn how to edit. But the most important thing is the story. Without a story, there is no movie.

#3 villevalo

villevalo

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

so can you recommend me for film editing software and which camera i may choose for the cheap cheap price.
Does anyone has some documentary about LAW in Making FILM T-T because something i cant understand about so i need to read more. somebody give me a chance to study.
Thank you, Tom Jensen
Can you tell me which software u are using for chatting, in Vietnam we're using yahoo messenger, i would love to be your friend and we can talk about movie ^^! Anyway, glad too see you, tom Jensen

#4 David Rakoczy

David Rakoczy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • USA

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

Per the rules of this Forum, please go to My Controls and change your screen name to your real first and last name.

The Members thank you in advance.

CineTape

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc